Network Support Technician
We are seeking Network Support Technicians to provide first point of contact for customers requiring support on deployed technologies (e.g.: applications, systems, servers, desktops, and peripherals). The Network Support Technician is the first line of technical support for all inbound customer calls, providing remote assistance or escalating the issue as necessary.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a courteous and professional manner
- Answer the most commonly asked questions for defined issues and problems
- Act as first line analyst for service request tickets following established protocols
- Create, document, and escalate issues and problems according to ticketing standards and SLAs
- Monitor ticket queues and provide service or escalation as necessary
- Provide desktop, server and network support (including administering and maintaining end user accounts, password resets/unlocks, and email setup and support)
- Set-up and configure new equipment and prepare for install
- Accurately enter and maintain case information including notes and resolution
- Adhere to departmental policies for reporting and managing requests and change control
- Participate in emergency on call rotation schedule
- Internal IT Support as needed
- Identify sales opportunities and pass the information to correct team members
- Submit timesheets accurately and timely
- Other duties as required
Reports to Manager, IT Services
Work Environment / Physical Demands
- Use of computer and office equipment.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Performs all administrative functions expected at this level.
- Strong understanding of available tools to assist in daily tasks
- Ability to troubleshoot server based software issues with:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2 x32 and x64
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory Infrastructure
- Microsoft Terminal Server 2003/2008/ R2 x32 and x64
- Knowledge of workstation/server hardware and software troubleshooting abilities
- Very knowledgeable of various workstation peripherals such as printers, PDAs, scanners, etc
- In depth knowledge of workstation hardware and software troubleshooting abilities
- Working knowledge of HP and Dell equipment; general understanding of storage solutions
- Extremely knowledgeable in troubleshooting and resolving workstation based software issues with:
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, and 7 (x32 and x64)
- Microsoft Office 20XX
- Domain and workgroup environments
- Knowledge and understanding of AD, DNS, the Internet and mail flow is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Pleasant and professional demeanor in all client and internal communications
- Ability to multi task
- Intellectually resourceful with sound judgment and effective decision-making abilities
- Independent worker and able to work effectively on daily tasks without direct supervision
- Strong organization skills and ability to operate efficiently throughout daily tasks
- In general owns issues through resolution although understands when to escalate a problem to another team member and whom to escalate to; accepts escalated issues; and mentors when appropriate
- Demonstrates empathy with users and professionalism at all times
- Work well with clients at all levels
- Operates with client satisfaction in mind
- Energy, enthusiasm and results-orientation
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ preferred
- At least two years relevant experience in providing telephone/remote desktop support
- Ability to schedule for evening or weekend work occasionally
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle
Qualified candidates must submit resume in addition to salary history and requirements. Resumes without salary requirements may not be considered.
In connection with your consideration for employment, ComTec Solutions, LLC. requires all applicants consent to undergo a drug and investigative background check.
ComTec Solutions, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
ComTec Solutions, LLC. must comply with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) issued by the United States Department of State, Department of Defense Trade Controls. Because of ITAR, the company must limit employment opportunities to US citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States, or those admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.