We are seeking Network Engineers to provide proactive and reactive services to new and existing customers in support of their IT infrastructure. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled technical resource that provides onsite and remote support for customers on deployed technologies as well as implementing new technologies, infrastructure upgrades, and project based work.
- Lead and manage complex projects such as infrastructure installation and upgrades
- Coordinate and execute Managed Services implementations for new and existing customers
- Provide network and security assessments, identifying opportunities for system improvements and efficiencies
- Respond to customer inquiries in a courteous and professional manner
- Deliver technical customer support over the phone and in person, understands support processes
- Create, document, and escalate issues and problems according to ticketing standards and SLAs
- Monitor assigned tickets and tasks and provide service or escalation as necessary
- Provide support for escalated service desk tickets following established protocols
- Provide desktop, server and network support (including administering and maintaining end user accounts, password resets/unlocks, and email setup and support)
- Perform remote and onsite scheduled maintenance
- Accurately enter and maintain case information including notes and resolution
- Adhere to departmental policies for reporting and managing requests and change control
- Participate in emergency on call rotation schedule
- Internal IT Support as needed
- Identify sales opportunities and pass the information to correct team members
- Submit timesheets accurately and timely
- Other duties as required
Reports to Manager, IT Services
Work Environment / Physical Demands
- Use of computer and office equipment.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Performs all administrative functions expected at this level.
- Strong understanding of available tools to assist in daily tasks
- Ability to troubleshoot server based software issues with:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2 x32 and x64
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory Infrastructure
- On Premise Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010, coexistence Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010 / Microsoft Office 365, and hosted Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft SQL 2005/2008 Server
- Microsoft Terminal Server 2003/2008/ R2 x32 and x64
- Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare
- Major Anti-Virus solutions
- Enterprise class backup solutions
- Very knowledgeable of various server/workstation peripherals such as USB/NAS drives
- In depth knowledge of workstation/server hardware and software troubleshooting abilities
- Working knowledge of HP and Dell equipment; general understanding of storage solutions
- Extremely knowledgeable in troubleshooting and resolving workstation based software issues with:
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, and 7 (x32 and x64)
- Microsoft Office 2007 / 2010
- Microsoft Online Services (Office 365)
- Domain and workgroup environments
- Knowledge and understanding of AD, DNS, the Internet and mail flow
- In general owns issues through resolution although understands when to escalate a problem to another team member and whom to escalate to; accepts escalated issues; and mentors when appropriate
- Demonstrates empathy with users and professionalism at all times
- Work well with clients at all levels, from executive to IT to end user
- Operates with client satisfaction in mind
- Energy, enthusiasm and results-orientation
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- MCP/MCSA/MCSE/MCTS/MCITP Certifications required
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in supporting complex networks and/or providing technical support
- Ability to schedule for evening or weekend work occasionally
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle
Qualified candidates must submit resume in addition to salary history and requirements. Resumes without salary requirements may not be considered.
In connection with your consideration for employment, ComTec Solutions, LLC. requires all applicants consent to undergo a drug and investigative background check.
ComTec Solutions, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
ComTec Solutions, LLC. must comply with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) issued by the United States Department of State, Department of Defense Trade Controls. Because of ITAR, the company must limit employment opportunities to US citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States, or those admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.