- This event has passed.
SQL Server Reporting Services in Epicor ERP 10.2
March 18 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
REMOTE ATTENDANCE ONLY
Like all of you, we are carefully monitoring the COVID-19 situation and have decided to offer only remote attendance for this class. At this time, we have no plans to cancel remote programs.
Classroom Training & Hands-on Labs at ComTec Solutions
This course focuses on creating SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports through direct access to SSRS components and the ERP SQL database. Important: This topic or section describes functionality or uses a process that is only available to on-premise ERP installations. You have previously used the Report Builder to modify and design reports. If your Epicor ERP application is in on-premise network, you also use SSRS Report Manager to administrate reports. Report Manager and Report Builder can be accesses from either the server where your SQL Server installation is located or from your Epicor ERP client machine. Because you can launch the Report Builder from the Report Manager, you have additional capabilities to leverage while you customize SSRS reports.
This course introduces Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports and their implementation in Epicor ERP. Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is a server-based reporting platform that provides comprehensive reporting functionality for generating reports from SQL Server databases. For creating custom reports, the workshops in this course use Microsoft SQL Server Report Builder, which is a report authoring tool that allows the user to get started quickly in a Microsoft Office-like environment. To author more enhanced reports, you will use Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools, a report authoring environment that lets you create or edit Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services reports in Microsoft Visual Studio.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Directly access SSRS components and the ERP SQL database from the server or from a client machine.
- Use Report Manager to create and maintain custom reports.
- Create SSRS reports in Report Builder that combine three separate reports to display a single report.
- Use the SSRS Report Manager management tool and the Report Builder authoring tool to create custom reports.
- Add custom SSRS reports to the Epicor ERP application menu system and retrieve them for viewing.
- Edit an Epicor ERP shipped SSRS report.
- Create a BAQ report and then use the Report Builder authoring tool to design an SSRS report layout for the report.
- Create multiple BAQ report definition in Report Data Definition program and then using the Create SSRS Report feature of the Report Style Maintenance program to generate an .rdl file into SSRS as the starting point for designing the visual SSRS report.
- Create Electronic Compliance Files from BAQ report data definitions in the Electronic Compliance Maintenance program.
Who should attend:
- System Administrator
- IT/Technical Staff
- Report Writers
- Business Analysts
REMOTE ATTENDANCE ONLY! RSVP by Wednesday, March 10th to reserve your spot! Lunch is provided for on-site attendance. Manual is provided for both and included in the cost.
Group Discount (3 or more): $50 off each
ComTec Managed Services Customer Discount: 10% off
Customers may cancel at no charge up to two business days prior to class. Cancellations made after that are subject to pay the full cost of the class.