Business Activity Queries in Epicor ERP 10.2
March 22 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Classroom Training & Hands on Labs at ComTec Solutions
This course provides techniques for creating static business activity queries (BAQs) as well as updatable BAQs. Both queries can be used as the foundation for reports and dashboards, or to review specific details of your day-to-day business.
The course begins with a discussion on which tools you can use in Epicor ERP Version 10 to locate the table and field, and understand table relations. It continues with an introduction to BAQ Designer, then covers techniques you can use to create simple queries, also called FLAT queries. These BAQs are comprised of one TopLevel SubQuery. The next part of the course explains how to create more complex BAQs, comprised of several SubQueries of different types, to obtain the desired information from the application database.
The course continues with discussion of the updatable BAQ functionality – a powerful mechanism to share and update data details when used as the foundation of a dashboard. The updatable BAQ creates a powerful tool for team collaboration displayed on the standard Epicor application, or modified for display on a mobile device such as IPhone®.
The course concludes by exploring BAQ Utilities – additional capabilities such as BAQ export, or changing an author.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Use the field level technical help or the data dictionary viewer to locate the table and field criteria for use in a BAQ.
- Create a simple BAQ using the Query Builder and its query-building views.
- Construct an advanced BAQ comprised of several SubQueries.
- Use the Criteria Wizard to filter the data returned by the BAQ.
- Add calculated and aggregated values to a query using the Calculated Field Wizard.
- Design an updatable BAQ to increase team collaboration.
- Import or export queries between companies, or to a .xml or ASCII file type.
Who should attend:
- COO/Operations Manager
- Production Manager
- Account Manager
- Sales Representative
- System Administrator
- IT/Technical Staff
REMOTE ATTENDANCE AVAILABLE! RSVP by Monday, March 12th to reserve your spot! Lunch is provided for on-site attendance. Manual is provided for both and included in cost.
Group Discount (3 or more): $50 off each
ComTec Managed Services Customer Discount: 10% off
Customers may cancel at no charge up to two business days prior to class. Cancellations made after that are subject to pay the full cost of the class.